Monday, June 13, 2011

Really Didn't Need That!

Have you ever been at a place in your life where you thought, "Okay, I'm finally getting a handle on this" and then something else happened? Something worse?! Where there is just no escaping the consequences of what has happened in your life. That happened to us last weekend as we were stopped at a red light. We were rear ended by a woman who was distracted by some means as she barely hit the breaks before impact. After the reality of being hit sunk in, I looked at Glenn and said, "I really didn't need that!"

I just finished the Graston technique treatments and my back was just headed into a beautiful healing pattern. There was definitely hope at the end of the tunnel! And then -- whiplash, shoulder and mid-back injury, and lower back injury/re-injury. Sigh. Glenn has mild whiplash. I must confess that I had a conversation with God about why He didn't prevent this accident. He could have! Maybe He tried to -- maybe He spoke to her and she didn't listen (she said she was on her way to church!); or maybe our being there prevented her son from being killed as they would have been T-boned if she had sailed through the intersection. Or maybe it was just natural and logical consequences from someone's behaviour/choices -- God allowing free will to be worked out. No matter what the divine reason was, I don't like the consequences! Just saying!

I received an e-mail with a quote from Gary Smalley - 'Great faith is the confidence even during a trial that it will one day turn out for our benefit.' I like that! That is how I choose to live -- believing God to once again, take what was meant for evil and bring good out of it...just like He did for Joseph! Romans 8:18 says, "I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us." Then it goes on to some of my favourite verses in 8:35, 37-39 "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?" No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

I really didn't need that accident last weekend! My body attests to that! (I would truly appreciate your prayers for healing). But what I do know for certain is that NOTHING separates me from the love of God and He will bring something out of this for our benefit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment